[TriLUG] sieve ignores me

mhrivnak at triad.rr.com mhrivnak at triad.rr.com
Tue Apr 11 03:28:27 EDT 2006

I'm setting up a new debian installation that will accept mail for my
domain and make it accessible with cyrus-imap.  Both of those functions
currently work.  Now I want to start filtering with sieve.  I have it
installed, and I can connect to it on port 2000.  I installed websieve,
which successfully creates rules.  However, they don't work!

I'm testing right now just by telnet-induced smtp conversations with
postfix.  Here is an example rule, taken from my default.script file:

##########
if allof (header :contains "subject" "hello123") {
     fileinto "INBOX.test";
}

else {
     keep;
}

INBOX.test is a valid folder that already contains one message.  In the
smtp conversation, after typing "data", the next line I enter is
"Subject: hello123", but none of the test messages are put in the test
folder.  I've tried a similar procedure for other patters and fields
with no success.  Any ideas on how to debug this one?  The logs of
course don't show anything useful.

Thanks,
Michael