[TriLUG] Problem with LVM

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Wed May 10 09:00:31 EDT 2006

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 08:44:31AM -0400, T. Bryan wrote:

> > What I am seeing is a very common issue with your type of installation
> > -- you need to modify your lvm.conf file to "hide" the two components of
> > the md0 "drive" from vgscan.
>
> Cool.  I changed the filter to
>
> filter = [ "r|/dev/cdrom|", "r|/dev/hde1|", "r|/dev/hdeg|" ]
>
> Now, I no longer have the "Found duplicate PV
> 7LOs90S2Ff8W7Tq8ZGRsT41lphbExsLh: using /dev/hdg1
> not /dev/hde1" error message.  I think that my best bet now might be to
> attempt rebuilding the RAID device /dev/hde1.

OK, but what I am also seeing is one of two things.  Either your md0
device doesn't exist ( that is, the system doesn't see it ) or your LVM
configuration isn't scanning your md0 device.  When you do your vgscan,
you should NOT see either of the components of the mirror, but you
SHOULD see the mirror itself.

 From your lvmdiskscan results, it appears that the md0 device exists,
 but LVM isn't seeing it when vgscan works.

 Have fun!
 Brian