[TriLUG] Playing with RT Tracker

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 23:44:08 EDT 2006

We use RT with apache2 and libapache2-mod-fastcgi on Ubuntu Dapper
(actually a xen domU with an FC5 kernel). Works fine here. There's a
little slowness if a ticket gets really huge, but otherwise it's
great.

I did spend a good while (almost an hour) when I set it up the first
time working through the dependencies, but in my case the problem was
that one of the libs was trying to pull the 1.3 branch of Apache.
Fortunately Ubuntu now has two meta-packages, rt3.4-apache and
rt3.4-apache2, that help resolve that.

Also note that libapache2-mod-fastcgi is in the "multiverse/web" section.

Can you give us the exact error message?

-CMP

On 8/29/06, Dave Sorenson <dave at logicalgeek.com> wrote:
> I'm playing with RT Tracker for a possible solution to support requests
> @ work. I've got it running with apache2 using mod_perl on my test
> server and boy howdy is it slow. It takes 50 seconds just to load the
> log-in screen. I've tried to add the fastcgi to the server and have been
> getting an arcane error message "cant find apache2:something or another"
> and install fails. I "think" it has something to do with the renaming
> the PERL folks did. I haven't even begun to test e-mail integration.
>
> Should RT be painful running under mod_perl? And by painful I mean it
> actually locked the server this afternoon. Anyone have any tips for
> getting fastcgi to install on CentOS4?
>
> The RT wiki warns of dependency heck, but this is almost too much!
>
> TIA Dave

Cristobal M. Palmer
UNC-CH SILS Student
TriLUG Vice Chair
cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
cmpalmer at ils.unc.edu
ils.unc.edu/~cmpalmer
"Television-free since 2003"

<tarheelcoxn> iank has trouble with English. his native language is Python
<iank> Yeah
<iank>   I'm forced
<iank>     To indent
<iank>   My sentences