[TriLUG] OT: 64-bit computing advice

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 08:44:38 EDT 2006

> I just got rid of the last Windows box in the house. Bought an Intel Mac
> Mini and put Parallels on it. It was a machine my wife used a lot, so I
> leave the Windows VM up in full screen mode most of the time. But she
> can now Alt-Enter back to Aqua and run iTunes, iPhoto, etc., so I hope
> to wean her away from Windows.
>
> -T

Non linux question:

Tarus - what version of XP did you load until Parallels?  Or did you load
Linux under Parallels?  I've been having quite a time trying to load XP Home
under Parallels.  I don't make it past the first couple of screens.  I
always get a BSOD, usually within the first five minutes.  I'm going to try
again tonight doing exactly the steps in the book but so far I've had no
luck getting this to work.