[TriLUG] IRC lack-of-fun

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 21:16:00 EDT 2006

> > Now if you're dealing with one of those paranoid TLAs, you may have
> > no
> > access at all.... *grin*
>
> Yeah.  OpenVPN (which is SSL-based) on port 443 tends to do pretty well,
> unless they have an extremely thorough iptables.  :)  (Tunnel SSH
> through the OpenVPN tunnel)

As a company they are beyond the realm of iptables.  Even if there is a way
around the blockades it's just not work risking employment for something
like that.   I'd like to IRC and if I do some real nice talking I might be
able to get access through the ssh proxy but I'll have to come up with some
kind of business need.  And I can dig far enough to find one, I think.

And so my object for tomorrow becomes apparent.  Also I signed up as a
member of TriLUG way back when I was at Oculan but I never got my card or
anything like that.  I suppose the obvious solution is to make it to one of
the next meetings to sign up again and I'll try to do that.  I'm back in
school again so that takes up a lot of time so it's not easy to make
meetings.  I tell you, if it's not the travel schedule it's school.

Blah blah blah.  I'll shut up now.

Greg