[TriLUG] [davjorda at cisco.com: [davjorda at cisco.com: Re: vpnc dropping out]]

clay at crazyclay.org clay at crazyclay.org
Fri Sep 1 10:41:08 EDT 2006

----- Forwarded message from David Clayton Jordan <davjorda at cisco.com> -----

Wondered if anyone here has any good info on vpnc and how to extent the connection time?

-Clay
----- Forwarded message from David Clayton Jordan <davjorda at cisco.com> -----

Mine seems to drop every 4 hours or somewhere in that range... also it seems to drop sooner if youre inactive for a period of time...

if anyone knows how to fix this, Id be interested to know as well, but Ive just dealt with it so far.

-Clay

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 03:30:29PM +0100, Alun Evans wrote:
> This one:
> http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~massar/vpnc/
>
> Not the vpnclient.
>
> On the web page it says:
> o rekeying is not supported (default rekey-intervall is 8 hours)
>
> though it seems to drop out much more often than that.
>
> Is there something mystical I can do to extend the time it maintains the
> connection...?
>

> A.
>
> --
> Alun Evans
> IOS Software Engineer, cisco Systems.
> http://www.cisco.com/go/ipv6/

| Clay Jordan                     |           |        |
| Tacsuns Team                   |||         |||       |
| RTP, North Carolina          .|||||.     .|||||.     |
| e-mail cj at cisco.com        C i s c o S y s t e m s   |

----- End forwarded message -----

--
| Clay Jordan                     |