[TriLUG] LDAP user password resets

Nick trilug at dogstar1.com
Thu Jan 18 10:52:36 EST 2007

Sean Myers wrote:
> Magnus wrote:
>> Nick wrote:
>>> Any nudges in the right direction would be appreciated.
>>
>> Would that include nudging away from LDAP for authentication?  It's a
>> great tool for user metadata and other directory services but for
>> authentication... KerberosV.  Linux does support authentication by
>> KerberosV mixed with directory services from LDAP.  Works great.
>>

> I strongly agree with this.
>
> That said, I can still help you with the tweakage of phpLdapAdmin for
> your purposes if you let me know where you're getting your particular
> copy, and what version you're using.
>
> --
> Sean Myers
> System Administrator
> American Research Institute
> (919) 228-4961
I will take the suggestions under advisement however the final call is
not mine to make. Either way I would like to grasp how to do this if not
for need then interest.

We are running phpLDAPadmin - 0.9.8.3 on CentOS and I was looking at
phpLdapPasswd Version: 0.5 as the end user tool to reset/change passwords.

Nick