[TriLUG] OT: Google datacenter in NC

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 17:43:47 EST 2007

On 1/19/07, Magnus <magnus at trilug.org> wrote:
> Shawn Hood wrote:
> > http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/news/breaking_news/16500240.htm
>
> Shame they couldn't put it out here but I'm sure the people of Lenoir
> will appreciate the fresh infusion of jobs and tax dollars out their way.
>
> The challenge for Google will be drawing talented geeks to an area that
> is distinctly un-geeky at this time.  Anyone relocating to Lenoir is
> going to have to love Google so much that they are willing to move to a
> town with no other geek job opportunities in their post-Google life
> (i.e. move again if they leave Google).

Based on this article

http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2007/pulpit_20070119_001510.html

we might see similar announcements of Google data centers elsewhere
in NC (I'm surmising) and SC.  If what the article says comes to pass,
things on the 'net will get very interesting...

Cheers,
Tanner

--
Tanner Lovelace