[TriLUG] Old Guy Stories

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Feb 9 16:19:36 EST 2007

Paul and I are contemporaries... except I came off to NC State. My high
school in Fairfax had better computing equipment than was available at
NCSU (or at least available to the students of that time). I remember
actually toggling in a program using bit counters - and getting good at
it... :-)

At least in High school we had teletypes using big yellow reams of paper
AND fancy-schmancy paper punch tape readers... Those were the days when
you couldn't help but read core memory and see plain text
username/password pairs just floating around in undeclared variables.

Jon