[TriLUG] [OT] HP briefing center

jbrigman at nc.rr.com jbrigman at nc.rr.com
Mon Feb 12 15:31:40 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
> hahahahah. what's wrong with openmanage (sarcastically speaking) .....
>
> (btw, i hate it too).
>> And don't even think about Dell OpenManage.

I don't understand - why do you say Dell OpenManage sucks? Easy, rapid
implementation. Decent greenlight/redlight. Web delivered, BIOS and
firmware management, can show SIMM failures down to the slot. I've seen
it do a fine job for the nearly-free price. (comes free with server
purchase, subscription is very cheap) If you're a budget-constrained
small business that already owns Dell hardware, you'd be smart to least
try it.

Is IBM Director free with hdw purchase? If so, how do you keep Director
on Linux from killing the machine? I've had it bring a SuSE Linux 8.3
box to it's knees, something about a conflict with the remote console
card in the server. I de-installed and never went back.

JKB