[TriLUG] limiting Internet access with squid?

Brian Henning Brian.Henning at datadirect.com
Mon Mar 19 11:30:31 EDT 2007

If you have a machine with iptables, you can set up squid on a
nonstandard port, and have iptables forward all outbound requests on
port 80 to Squid's port.  That too can be worked around, but not as
easily as a browser proxy setting.  It's what I resorted to in my last
place of employment to lock out myspace and porn.

~Brian