[TriLUG] Code of Conduct

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 14:21:48 EDT 2007

On 8/13/07, Warren Myers <volcimaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Out of curiosity, why id the 'general' CoC being submitted first, and *then*
> a 'leadership' CoC?

Warren,

I have no inside knowledge here, but if I had to guess I would say that
it's probably a case of the SC not trying to make themselves too thin and
they had to chose one way or the other and this is the one that got
chosen.  I, too, was wondering if it might have been more prudent to
introduce a "leadership CoC" first and proceed from there to the membership
one, but either way, I believe they both complement each other.

Also, now that I think about it, the leadership CoC is supposed to be
very similar to the membership one but hold the leaders up to
an even higher standard.  By introducing the membership one first
you introduce a basis from which to work, imo.

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace