[TriLUG] Asterisk Phones

Ken Mink ken.mink at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 12:46:34 EST 2007

A couple of years ago I replaced my then employer's old analog PBX
with an asterisk system. We bought about a dozen Polycom IP500 phones.
They were in the $175 per neighborhood. We had 4 POTS lines. We used a
Digium TDM400 with 4 FXO modules. For the server part, I just recycled
a Dual 1GHz Xeon machine we had. I did not segment the VOIP traffic on
the network. We only 5 employees, so the number of calls was limited.
This setup worked out really well. I do have give credit where credit
is due, Jon Carnes answered a lot questions for me while I was working
on it.

Ken