[TriLUG] Zonbu/Everex

Jason Evans jason.s.evans at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 14:07:17 EST 2007

There's a new startup called Zonbu that is selling Everex laptops for $279
with a 24/mo service contract.  Basically, it's the cell phone service
business model applied to the PC industry.  Buy the service, get a laptop
for cheap.

>From what I've read online, this operation does seem to be on the up and
up.  However, I would like to know if anyone on the list has dealt with them
or used one of the Everex laptops with Linux installed, and what your
impressions are.  BTW, these are the same laptops being sold at Walmart.

Jason