[TriLUG] Linux Laptop

James Tuttle jjtuttle at trilug.org
Fri Dec 28 23:51:24 EST 2007

I've never had a laptop that didn't support Linux.  I've had a couple of
 Dell Inspiron models, a Dell Precision, maybe a Lattitude or two, and
now have a Thinkpad T60.  They all worked fine.  The Thinkpad is a work
of art, though.

I got the fingerprint reader to work and all the extra buttons work
(thinklight, screen brightness, speaker volume, etc).  I've never had a
better laptop.  I'd love to sell my home desktop and replace it with a
Thinkpad and a NAS.

I think this has been said before, but you realize it screws up the
threaded view for other people when you reply to an existing thread and
just change the subject, right?

Jim

WA Brown wrote:
> I am looking for a laptop that will support linux. Any suggestions?
>
> I am using a Compaq Presario 2105us and the dialup modem is not supported.
>

> WA Brown

---Jim Tuttle