[TriLUG] so what does a 10 phone Asterisk system cost these days?

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Tue Jan 1 06:18:01 EST 2008

But...but...but...it used to be affiliated with ma bell! It must be
good.

I almost picked up that product line last year and did not want to spend
$10,000 on demo system and training. Me thinks they are in the 500 pound
manual and command line club. No thanks.

I have 2 customers with Avaya that are happy and sticking with the
product line. 1 has just a few employees. The other has 140 employees in
their Raleigh location and other locations throughout the US.

For the big iron companies, I see the following brands out there more
often than not:

Avaya
NEC
3Com

Again, the Talkswitch is the most simple and least expensive for a
campground. I would not recommend it for everyone. I use it and am able
to work around the quirks that all systems have.

Happy New Year!