[TriLUG] Linksys long in the tooth?

Engle, Victor Victor.Engle at netapp.com
Sun Jan 13 06:30:28 EST 2008

> No interest in flame, I really don't care that much. But
> please DO tell of both good and bad experiences like Tom has
> mentioned.

Can't say I've given Belkin a chance but I have tried working with cheap
little Netgear, Linksys and D-Link routers and got so frustrated with
chronic problems I went back to using a linux/iptables router. I've
placed my wireless router behind the linux firewall and have had much
less trouble; in fact I've had no trouble. Before, when the wireless
router was actually the gateway, I was frequently having to power cycle
it because it just seemed to lockup which knocked my webserver and VoIP
phone offline. The linux/iptables setup by contrast has been solid as a
rock.

Regards,
Vic