[TriLUG] Removing password from SSL cert

jonc at nc.rr.com jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Mar 21 21:02:52 EDT 2008

You don't need to remove the password. You can auto feed it the password on restart.
In SSL.conf:
  SSLPassPhraseDialog  exec:/etc/httpd/conf/ssl_startup_password

The file /etc/httpd/conf/ssl_startup_password:
  #!/usr/bin/perl
  #
  print "PASSWORD\n";

It's very simple, but it took me about 30 attempts to get that right :-)
(the documentation on it used to be abysmal)

Jon Carnes