[TriLUG] OT: American Idol last 5 minutes

Douglas A. Whitfield douglasawh at gmail.com
Thu May 22 13:52:13 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Scott G. Hall <ScottGHall at bellsouth.net>
wrote:

> Douglas A. Whitfield wrote:
> > On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 8:25 AM,
> > David McDowell <turnpike420 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> So if one was to invest in a MythTV box or DVR of some other type -
> >> How does one avoid such disaster??
> >
> > Oh, this is easy.  Record the show after it too. :)
>
> If you know ahead of time that this is going to happen.  You are
> forgetting that one good reason to use a MythTV box is to watch shows
> on your own time, not the networks.

I think you missed my point, but I wasn't explicit.  I was suggesting you
should queue the show after to record to.  You know, if Seinfeld comes on
afterwards, just set that up to record that too.  But, if there are options
in DVR to wait until the show is over, that's definitely a better option.
I've never used Myth, but I have used DVR.