[TriLUG] OT: American Idol last 5 minutes

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Thu May 22 13:59:03 EDT 2008

OlsonE at aosa.army.mil wrote:
> I also got robbed. Right after they opened the envelope ...and said
> the winner is... it got cut off.

That is precisely where my MythTV and a neighbor's TiVO cut off --
exactly as Seacrest says "And the winner is ..".  Fox posted the
program's schedule to run over 2 minutes -- but it ran over 7 min.

I guess Fox got a lot of flack on this, because they posted a good
video quality & stereo version on YouTube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4LzMvAEaWqk

However, Fox cut this off just as they asked David Cook to sing the
song that won the songwriter's competition.  All season they have
been selling the performances on iTunes, so I suppose they cut this
off to sell it on iTunes.  So you miss the last song and glitter-fall.

But enough other people have asked for the same thing, that there are
several other postings on YouTube of the last 9 minutes:

Compressed and in mono:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=H9nw9sMfCWA

Grainy highly compressed, but in stereo:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=P_K3pxNLtmw

Just as bad, but better sound:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MtD7h2wwaK0

--