[TriLUG] MythTV

Shawn Hartsock hartsock at acm.org
Tue Feb 3 12:38:05 EST 2009

My chief complaint with the architecture was how the developer ran his
MySQL queries through the Qt lib which meant you had to have Qt on
your backend (which might be headless). It meant building the whole
system from scratch was very dependent on your MySQL and Qt versions.
I haven't built MythTV from scratch in a while so that may have
changed.

IMO the daemon should not be dependent on Qt libs. But I'm not the
original author so what do I know? In the least it made my MythTV
build wreak havoc on my KDE build and MySQL build... but I suppose
that's why I stopped using my Gentoo/MythTV box and switched to Ubuntu
everywhere else.

Are the dependency issues fixed or is it still intimately dependent on
MySQL + Qt lib versions?

/** Shawn.Hartsock http://hartsock.blogspot.com/  //*/