[TriLUG] Initramfs

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Fri Sep 4 12:07:54 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 05:34:33PM -0400, Michael Hrivnak wrote:
> Is this Debian 5.0, Lenny?

> Did you let the installer create all of the LVM stuff?

Do you mean during partitioning, or where?

> Are the lvm packages getting installed?

> Do you have a non-lvm boot partition?

> I've done many of these installs with no trouble.

As have I.

> I always use the text
> installer in expert mode (I don't remember if there even is a graphical
> installer or non-expert mode, but if they exist, I've never used them).

Most of my installs, I used the default text installer.  This one had a
problem with that, so I used the graphical.

I doubt that there should be a difference between the "big" install CD
and the one that I used, the "small, network-installer" CD.