[TriLUG] Xen 3 and non-VT enabled processors?

Brian Weaver cmdrclueless at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 22:33:38 EDT 2009

So does anyone know off hand if the latest version of Xen supports
paravirtualzation anymore? I wanted to run some linux virtual machines
today, more specifically I wanted to kickstart a CentOS 5 system using
Xen. I found documentation on how to configure the system but I didn't
have access to a VT enabled processor. I tried two systems

1) A Dell D620 with a non-VT Core Duo running Ubuntu
2) An IBM x3250 with Dual Pentium D processor running Debian Lenny

Both appeared to hang after booting and getting through a large
percent of the startup items. At this point I'm just curious for the
sake of curiosity. I'm probably not going to have a chance to mess wth
Xen again for a while.

Thanks

-- Weave

--