[TriLUG] OT: Flash web developers?

Glenn Hennessee glenn.hennessee at gmail.com
Wed May 5 08:17:50 EDT 2010

And, as I think Cristobal pointed out, Flash has huge problems with
accessibility for the handicapped. A vendor can be sued if his/her site
is not accessible. Target is a case in point -- it cost them $6 million
to settle a lawsuit with the National Federation of the Blind. An
American company with no physical presence in England has been charged
under British law with not making their web site accessible. [If anyone
has more details on that please let me know, my searches have only
turned up a mention of it with no details.] Personally I despise Flash
intros, particularly if they don't give you a way to bypass them.
They're cute the first time you see them, maybe, but almost never a
second time. Sites that are all flash are particularly bad and I will
look somewhere else.
glenn

--
Glenn Hennessee