[TriLUG] Dual-boot

Thomas V Thomas thomasvt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 19:53:17 EDT 2010

I did the same recently on an Acer Aspire Revo which has a 160 GB HDD.

It was formatted into 3 partitions,
Recovery Partition (Hidden) - 15 GB
C: 70 GB
D: 70 GB

I installed Fedora on the "D:" drive which was formatted as,
/root - 10 GB
/swap - 2 GB (2 x RAM)
/home - 58 GB (rest avbl)

Since you already have Win 7, in case you ever need to recover Win 7 from
the recovery partition it may overwite your D: drive (which now has linux
installed).