[TriLUG] RHEL packages and their RPMs

Steve Holton sph0lt0n at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 10:12:51 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 9:42 AM, stan briggs <stanbriggs at gmail.com> wrote:
> all,
> is there really no definitive guide to what is included in RHEL6 packages? i
> have searched my pretty large butt off trying to find such a list and
> cannot. any suggestions?
> oh, and to answer the good and standard TriLUG initial response: i am trying
> to build a LAMP server that is small than just installing *everything*.
> thanks,

So is the question of the form:
"I know my LAMP server needs the Apache RPM (for example
httpd-2.2.15-5.el6.x86_64) and I want to know the minimal set of other
packages I'll need to install to make this work and avoid installing
any package which is not needed?"

Such would be a fair question to ask.
--
Steve Holton