[TriLUG] local wifi router

Ron Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 14:18:44 EST 2012

If you have an old PC sitting at home with 2 NICs, you can easily install pfSense (open-source firewall) and get the functionality you need.  I use it all the time on low-end to high-end servers with excellent results.  I do a combination of port forwarding, NAT'ing, DMZ/Production networks, IPSEC/VPN support, etc.   It has a great web interface that is very easy to use.

Thanks,

Ron Kelley
rkelleyrtp at gmail.com