[TriLUG] Raspberry PIs.

Thomas Gardner tmg at pobox.com
Tue Jul 24 15:26:27 EDT 2012

What seems to be needed here is a good full-auto compressed-air
peanut cannon.  That way, after they've gotten used to it (and they
will), the second stage protection kicks in:  They'll figure out
that yummy treats are flying their way and will chase after those,
thus distracting them from the bird feeder.  :-)

Actually, I discovered long ago that the easiest way to keep the
squirrels out of your bird feeders is to take some reasonable
precautions with the bird feeders and then feed the squirrels.
They're only in your feeders because they're hungry.  If it's easier
to get food by knocking on your door and asking for it (which they
will learn to do), they won't mess with the bird feeders.  Feeding
them peanuts is a lot cheaper than feeding them birdseed, and they
seem to like peanuts better anyway.

Sometimes, low-tech is the way to go.

tg.