[TriLUG] 4TB GPT Disk fails to Mount with Tomato 2.6.22.19 Kernel

Jack Hill jackhill at jackhill.us
Wed Aug 15 11:36:49 EDT 2012

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 11:06:58 -0400
Alan Sterger <asterger at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I was hoping someone here might be into rolling their own kernel or
> third-party router firmware and could point me or hack this problem
> for me (compensated of course).  If not, I'll just have to use lower
> capacity RAID-1 or individual disks until linux catches up to Windows.

My recommendation on how to get the setup you want is to get something
more modern than 2.6.22, and (assuming I understand what you mean by
2LUN meaning that Linux sees two disks), in 2LUN mode, and create that
RAID with Linux's in-kernel md-raid. OpenWRT
<http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/linksys/e3000> or Gentoo might be good
starting places for a more modern firmware image.

Jack