[TriLUG] Television & RF interference -- yes computer related -- I think

Peter Neilson neilson at windstream.net
Wed Mar 6 22:41:22 EST 2013

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 21:49:58 -0500, R Radford <rradford at mindspring.com>
wrote:

> This kinda makes sense to me as the old method would make each ham
> radio operator responsible for tracking down and fixing interference
> from their equipment, even if the fault was not in their equipment.

I remember from the OLD old days that folks would blame any TV problem at
all on RFI from "that damned ham operator" down the street. I simply took
to doing TV repair for free, and I'll bet a lot of other hams did, too.
Funny, how my POWERED-OFF rig could cause a TV's weak 6SN7 (a dual triode
common in the sync circuits, way back then) to be unable to lock the
vertical sync. I took to stocking 6SN7s.

As for the church's video problem, my bet is on the wireless mikes. WHAT
NEW EQUIPMENT was added at the time the problem started? WHAT WAS CHANGED?
I'm almost inspired to attend the service and help debug, except that I'll
be at work.

Peter (ex-K1LWT)