[TriLUG] Radio Shack: was Old Dog In Need of New Trick - Digital TV Recording

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Feb 7 16:50:27 EST 2014

On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 13:43:38 -0500
"Randy Barlow" <randy at electronsweatshop.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 12:26:53 -0500, Roy Vestal <rvestal at trilug.org>
> wrote:
> > And Radio Shack doesn't have a clue how to be helpful anymore.
>
> http://www.theonion.com/articles/even-ceo-cant-figure-out-how-radioshack-still-in-b,2190/

All you guys dissing Radio Shack: Don't come crying to me when
they're gone and there's no source for that one-off LED you need, or
that special USB cable for your camera, or a replacement for that 22K
1/2 watt resistor that went open inside your receiver.

Hey, it won't be that bad paying a shipping charge double the price of
what you're buying, waiting four days to get it, and having to go
through an RMA procedure if it's bad.

Oh, wait, you can go to Frys. LOL, last time I went to Frys I did the
whole get-detained-for-stealing-what-you-bought routine. And last time
I went to Frys, their employees knew less about electronics than the
average homeless guy. And their prices weren't all that great.

By the way, last I looked, Radio Shack had a bunch of
computer-on-a-board projects. And the 80's will be jealous to know
these aren't Z80's or 80286's. I don't remember if they were Beaglebone
or Raspberry Pi, but they were some thing like that.

I honor Radio Shack for still paying some attention to people who can
actually handle a solder iron.

SteveT