[TriLUG] SC Candidate Statement

Jack Hill jackhill at jackhill.us
Thu May 8 13:22:11 EDT 2014

Hi All,

As you might know, I'm running for steering committee today. Thank you to
the people that nominated me and talked to me about running both
publicly and privately.

As a steering committee member, I will focus on various projects that can
loosely be grouped together under the term documentation.

The first project is to continue work to refresh the LUG's infrastructure.
My primary goals in this regard is that all the components that are done
correctly (i.e. not kludged together) and have accompanying documentation.
It is my priority to bootstrap enough of the infrastructure to again hold
open infrastructure hack meetings.

Secondly, I would like to contribute to the maintenance of the
documentation of steering committee procedures. I would also like to
organize and publish appropriate parts of this documentation. In
particular we would benefit from a greater understand of how we implement
our anti-harassment policy and how to maintain our (c)3 status.

Third, I would like to be a TriLUG historian, analyzing why we made the
decisions that we did in the past, and documenting are current decisions
for the future. This should make it easier to learn from our elders (and
mistakes!) and plot a good course for the future.

Looking forward to another great year,
Jack