[TriLUG] 3d fractals vids for VJ with creative commons music

Jeremy Davis jeremyhwllc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 16:08:40 EDT 2014

Hey folks, I would like to know if anyone on the list has worked with 3d
fractals or software like Zdoom? I found Mandelbrot in the Linux Mint
repository, which is used for making videos of 3d fractals. Mandelbrot
looks awesome for anyone who knows what they are doing with fractal
formulas etc...

I would like to use creative commons licensed fractal videos (or something
similar) to accompany creative commons music in a club/dj
environment...perhaps at the next All Things Open conference October 22-23.

Just wondering if there is anyone interested in advising or helping out on
a VJ project to go along with a mix of CC music. Last year we had Professor
Kliq perform at the Spy in DT Raleigh. It was sponsored by OpenNMS and
Github. It was really cool and there were lots of free drinks. Just
thinking of ways to increase the awesomeness this year.

Examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWa5rzEOumQ#t=340

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jGaio87u3A&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMLOBkJltIw

Also, if anyone could do a talk on this subject for TriLUG, they would have
my vote.

Jeremy Davis
@jeremydavis0_0
www.trianglecareerdevelopment.com