[TriLUG] OT: Looking for OLD Sun hardware

Scott G. Hall scott at hallcomm-inc.com
Wed Jun 25 10:03:24 EDT 2014

On 06/25/2014 09:20 AM, Errol Casey wrote:
> Recently had an old Ultra 1 die. Would like to know if anybody has any old
> Sun gear about same size they want to get rid of, or sell for a low price.
> Just looking for a server for personal experimentation.
>
> I'm checking Ebay and Craigslist also. But have seen some postings in the
> past when members "clean" house.

You missed RARSfest this last April -- the TriLUG table was next to the
Splat*Space table where I had a ton of old Sun hardware available: Ultra-5's,
-10's and -20's, and some older Spark-5's, even IPC's & IPX's. What didn't get
sold ended up over at ECycling in Durham -- I don't know if they are still there
or not. I still have tons of the SCSI 1GB and 2GB disks and matching tape drives
if you need any of those. There are a bunch of 140GB SCSI drives at Splat*Space
to refurbish them with if desired.

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA