[TriLUG] "What Everyone Gets Wrong in the Debate Over Net Neutrality"

Sean Alexandre sean at alexan.org
Wed Jun 25 19:09:54 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 04:03:04PM -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> On 06/25/2014 03:19 PM, Sean Alexandre wrote:
> > From wired.com:
> >What Everyone Gets Wrong in the Debate Over Net Neutrality
> >http://www.wired.com/2014/06/net_neutrality_missing/
>
> Did you read the replies? Wow! A heated debate for sure

Yes, I suspect it's partly because of the trollishness of the title...everyone's
wrong! :-)

That said, I really liked the article. I feel like I understand the debate much
better now. He seems to make a pretty good case that the regulation should be
for the last mile to the house and not for how an ISP operates internally. It
seems either would work, but the former would be simpler and encourage more
innovation: make the last mile to the house a utility essentially, that's
available to any ISP that wants to offer service.