[TriLUG] Sharing WiFi through Ethernet

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Sat Aug 16 12:42:13 EDT 2014

On Sat, 16 Aug 2014, Brian McCullough wrote:

> We would also like to report that "iptables -n -t nat -L" shows no
> difference between:
> iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -s 10.0.0.0/24 -j MASQUERADE
> and
> iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o wlan0 -s 10.0.0.0/24 -j MASQUERADE

I know when I have to deal with something that has two interfaces that look
almost identical, it's real easy to get confused as to which one is the right
one, especially if it's been a real long time since I last configured one of
these things. All I remember is that all hell breaks loose if I get it wrong.

Joe