[TriLUG] Where to buy printer toner cartridges?

Peter Neilson neilson at windstream.net
Tue Aug 26 07:56:59 EDT 2014

My Brother HL-3075CW works well on Ubuntu Linux, although it seems quite
slow. But speed's not my problem today.

I've been buying replacement TN-210 cartridges for it at an office-supply
store, for full price. Online I see a myriad of offers, everything from
refill kits and remanufactured, to Genuine Brother ones, at an astounding
variety of prices.

I do understand that the economics of computer printers follows the
principle originated by King Gillette for his Safety Razor: "Give 'em the
razor, sell 'em the blades."

Any recommendations?

Which online sites or local outfits are the Right Place To Go? Why?

Which are losers, not worth the trouble, incompetent, or just total
ripoffs?