[TriLUG] Gnu Hurd in Jetsons tk1 or parallela

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 20 22:55:01 EDT 2014

Vikram,

First of all thanks for the reference to Parallella. That is the first I had heard of it and it is quite amazing to see such technology for so cheap and completely open. As far as Hurd, I beleive your thinking is hard to give a straight no, but I feel very comfortable saying that you have embarked on a very difficult task. Even if your idea is possible, considering that even the Hurd developers are not really prepared for multi-core usage, you are really pushing the boundries. This is really something you would want to raise on the paralella forum. Possibly contact the Hurd Developers to get their focus on heavy multi-core usage.

Please feel free to update us if you find out any interesting information on that idea.

John Vaughters