[TriLUG] Daemontools Intro

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 08:40:04 EDT 2014

Steve,

Good timing. We are moving to RH7 and systemd. Needless to say systemd is annoying. Only because I have to learn a new tool and this only slows me down. First dips into systemd is it is not too bad, but I know you and I have discussed this before. The simple text configuration and logging in classic *nix philosphy is the elegant solution. The entire fast boot arguement means little to me considering we rarely even reboot our servers. I will take a look at the article and thanks for the effort.

John Vaughters