[TriLUG] Can't Mount Remote Without Getting Locked Folder

Grawburg grawburg at myglnc.com
Thu Sep 25 12:34:01 EDT 2014

I occasionally bring my laptop to work (I'm the administrator so I can do anything) and can mount a remount NAS from the terminal window. I can see everything and can open everything....but I cannot save or write to the folder because it has a locked icon on it. I've spent several hours trying many options to no avail.  Can someone help?

Here's the line a type to mount the drive:
mount -t cifs /192.168.1.111/Public /home/brian/MyBookMNT

Thanks,
Brian Grawburg
Wilson