[TriLUG] Can't Mount Remote Without Getting Locked Folder

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Thu Sep 25 17:24:58 EDT 2014

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Grawburg <grawburg at myglnc.com> wrote:
> Here's the line a type to mount the drive:
> mount -t cifs /192.168.1.111/Public /home/brian/MyBookMNT

You didn't say what the filesystem was on the NAS... that might help
us work out what is going wrong.

I'm wondering if you have miss-matched UID or GID on your mount.

This is what I use for CIFS mounts in my /etc/fstab:
//zentyal/bfarrow       /zentyal/bfarrow        cifs
username=bfarrow,noauto,uid=bfarrow,gid=users,noperm       0       0

Here are some commands to get more info about what is going on:
$ mount
//zentyal/bfarrow on /zentyal/bfarrow type cifs (rw)

$ cat /proc/mount
//zentyal/bfarrow /zentyal/bfarrow cifs
rw,relatime,vers=1.0,cache=strict,username=bfarrow,domain=MYCOMPANY,uid=1000,forceuid,gid=100,forcegid,addr=192.168.2.1,unix,posixpaths,serverino,acl,noperm,rsize=1048576,wsize=65536,actimeo=1
0 0

$ findmnt
/zentyal/bfarrow              //zentyal/bfarrow           cifs
  rw,relatime,vers=1.0,cache=strict,username=bfarrow,domain=MYCOMPANY,uid

Bill