[TriLUG] How to prevent? "fsck died with exit status 4"

Ken MacKenzie ken at mack-z.com
Sun Sep 28 11:47:24 EDT 2014

Never had that problem. But I have only demoed av linux. I used to use arch
Linux for audio. Now I use debian stable and add in the kxstudio repos and
compile the latest version of a few choice things.

Anyway as great as some of the pre done "studio" destroy are I have always
found it better to start with an established base distribution and then
build it up to needs yourself.

One thing I will mention that is particularly important when recording with
ardour is you should be recording to a different data store than where the
program and os are running from. Not just a different partition but a
different physical drive. Easy enough on a desktop. On a laptop I would use
a usb 2 drive that worked just fine.

Ken