[TriLUG] How to prevent? "fsck died with exit status 4"

Don Jerman djerman at pobox.com
Sun Sep 28 20:59:30 EDT 2014

I would look into a new battery for the laptop and journaling filesystems.
If latency is an issue in performance it sounds like you have enough ram
for a ramdisk, if you can preplan the needed files and copy them.  That
would overcome drive sleep, which is the only serious latency you should be
getting. Don't use it for recording though! Too easy to forget to move
stuff to safety before shutting down.