[TriLUG] How to prevent? "fsck died with exit status 4"

Jeremy Davis jeremyhwllc at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 18:51:27 EDT 2014

Thanks all for the feedback! This gives me some things new things to
explore.

After reading up on the file system journalling, I suspect this is missing
from AV Linux and may be causing the recovery problems after a sudden
shutdown. It may have been removed or left out to improve latency when
recording.

If filesystem journalling is not present, I wonder if working off the live
cd might be the best way to go, with an external drive for the Ardour files
etc.. Hopefully a sudden shut down would not corrupt the external drive.