[TriLUG] How to prevent? "fsck died with exit status 4"

Jeremy Davis jeremydavis at jeremydavis.biz
Sun Sep 28 22:33:44 EDT 2014

>Just out of curiosity how low do you really need latency wise?

Ken, to be honest I don't know that latency matters so much. I don't plan
to record sound from a microphone. Everything would be digital, for
example, in Ardour, synth sounds would be recorded to a track based on midi
notes. Another application is mixing dj sets, which involves either
recording mp3 into an Ardour track via a media player program and Jack, or
converting mp3s prior to importing them. Ardour does not import mp3s and
everything from Jamendo.com and Soundcloud is mp3. The intent is to do some
events that promote creative commons licensed music. Linux Mint with
kxstudio is sounding like a good idea to me right now and a Chromebook
setup like yours is sounding like a good backup. Actually, since the OS is
tweaked to work well with the hardware by Google and the manufacturer, the
Chromebook might be a more solid solution than the Samsung Ultrabook with
Linux Mint.