[TriLUG] [way OT] new auto recommendations

Ken MacKenzie ken at mack-z.com
Mon Oct 20 10:39:50 EDT 2014

Despite years of classic MOPARs, I have to agree that of all the American
companies Ford does seem to have its head on straighter than the others
right now.  Especially vs GM, IMO.

Over the years though I must say I have owned a lot of Fords of various
years and have been repeatedly annoyed with unusual engineering decisions
that seem to be designed for the unique combination of early failure and
thwarting self-maintenance and repair.  Granted a trend throughout the
industry but some of Ford's decisions under the hood have been perplexing.

Ken