[TriLUG] [way OT] new auto recommendations

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Mon Oct 20 12:09:45 EDT 2014

Depends, I suppose. 1% of driving is 3.6 days out of every year. For that
you can probably buy the car you need 99% of the time and rent. 10% is over
a month out of every year. Will you really rent a car for a month?

Another example: I work from home, so I have no daily commute. My car is an
SUV that gets 16 mpg in the city. It doesn't bother me: I don't generally
drive it unless I am driving my family around. On top of it, I can haul
full size sheets of plywood or dry wall as needed without renting a truck.

More on topic: I am becoming a bigger and bigger fan of Subarus. They
really have the AWD system (living in the northeast now means I have to
care about such things) and a great safety record.

Igor