[TriLUG] [way OT] new auto recommendations

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Mon Oct 20 12:22:47 EDT 2014

Ken,

That means your need for a car other than your station wagon is 0.27%.
That's pretty fantastic: you found a car that fits your needs 364 days out
of the year. Even if you had to rent a truck for day #365, you'd still be
ahead.

Another thing I have been thinking about along these lines: once you have a
tool you tend to use it. My wife and I used to share a 1995 Toyota Camry.
This thing was great for hauling us around, but I couldn't do much in terms
of home renovations. At one point we added a Scion xB (fantastic little
car, though no AWD makes me sad), and all of a sudden I could easily
transport 300 lb of tile, mortar, a toilet, etc. to redo bathrooms/kitchen.
My point is that your current driving habits and usage are in part formed
by the vehicle you drive. Get a pickup truck, you'll do pickup truck
things. Get a Smart car, you'll do Smart car things.

Igor