[TriLUG] Fax vs. .pdf - calling all IT gurus

MrB brentrbrian at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 11:11:17 EST 2014

In order to LOCK in customers you have to create a product that is "not
compatible" with anything else.  In this way you can claim superiority of
some type.  A government agency can dictate a MEANS and MEDIUM and demand
compatibility.

In the non-government world open commercial products compete, the money
behind vendor lock in is too tempting.

FAX is a standard that is cheap, understood and available to all.  FAR more
universal YESTERDAY and TODAY than the ever changing "because it got
hacked" encryption game.

More importantly, JUDGES AND JURIES understand FAX.