[TriLUG] Google Fiber

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Mon Feb 2 15:34:43 EST 2015

There's your problem: you tried logic. I think they are specifically
trained to deflect this sort of thing. They count on customers not
comparing notes with each other.

The only way to get them to budge (and even that isn't guaranteed) is to
threaten to actually leave. Another strategy for this is to look up the
rates for EarthLink (http://www.earthlink.net/access/cable.faces) and
tell retentions what prices you're looking at. Best case, they
match/beat. Worst case, you switch. It's TWC's lines anyway, so nothing
really changes.